Products in the administration
Products are the bread and butter of the average Kartify store. Therefore, it is essential that you learn how to manage your store’s product inventory using the Kartify administration side. Before adding products, you must make sure that you have all the necessary information about the product you are adding to the store. To get detailed information of your products to your customer, Kartify requires this information to be gathered beforehand. The more information given to Kartify about a specific product, the more informed the customer will be about that particular product when purchasing it from your store.
The Product section, accessed under Catalog, will display all the products available in the store.
Every row of product will contain the following information:
- Product Name
- Status: Selecting “Enabled” lets the product be visible in the store’s store front. Selecting “Disabled” will remove the product from view.
Checking an individual box in the first column will select the product information within the same row. Once selected, you can choose to “Copy” or “Delete” the product. “Copy” will duplicate the product and it’s information categories. “Delete” will remove the product selection (including its information) completely.
If you would like to look up a product in the product list, you can use “Filter” as a shortcut to search for it. For more information on the Filter tool, visit Filter. Pressing “Insert” in the top right corner will direct the administrator to a form to add new products.
Managing and adding products in the catalog
The complete list of store products can be found under Catalog > Products. These products can be used to experiment with and explore the Kartify features before launching your store. You will eventually need to delete these products to make room for your store’s products.
To delete the default products:
- Check the box left of the “Image column” in the list. This should select all the products on the page.
- Click the “Delete” button on the top right side.
- Press “OK” when a window pops up asking “Delete/Install cannot be undone! Are you sure you want to do this?”.
The “Insert” button directs the administrator to a page requiring product information under the following tabs:
Before products are added to the administration, product categories must already be established by the administrator. See Categories before continuing with this section. With the product categories created, products are now ready to be added to the catalog.
Saving the product
At this point in the guide, you will have completed all the steps and filled out all the appropriate information for the product. To complete the process of adding this product, click “Save”. When you return to the Products page under Catalog, you will now see this product listed. You can choose to modify any of this information included above, at any time, by clicking “Edit” across from the product.
The format of the General tab is identical to the General tab when creating a product category, with the addition of the Product Tags feature:
- Product Name
- Meta Tag Description: A summary to describe the product page to search engines.
- Meta Tag Keywords: Similar to meta tag description, but asks for a single keyword to describe the product.
- Description: Text that will describe this product on the product page, to be viewed by the customers in the store front of the shop.
Product Tags: A tag to describe the product to the customers. If a customer types in this tag in the search box found in the header, the product will be displayed in the search results.
The data tab includes all the product criteria that will be included on the product page in the store front for customers to view:
Fill in the spaces above with the following information:
- Model: create a model number for the product using a combination of letters and numbers. (required)
- SKU (stock keeping unit): a random code for the product.
- Price: set a price for the product.
- Quantity: The total amount available in the store for this specific product.
- Minimum Quantity: the minimum amount of product a customer must reach to add that product to their Shopping Cart.
- Subtract Stock: “Yes” will subtract stock from the quantity of the product
- Out of Stock Status: select “Out of Stock”, “In Stock”, “2-3 days”, or “Preorder” as the message shown on the product page when the product’s quantity reaches 0.
- Requires Shipping: If the product requires shipping, select “Yes”. If not, select “No”.
- SEO URL: create a keyword for search engine optimization of this product. It will be seen in the URL of the product page. Therefore, the keyword created must be unique for every product.
- ISBN : For Bestseller, it is used to mark selected product as a returnable item or non-returnable item.
- Status: Enabling makes the product publicly available in the store. Disabling allows the product to be edited in the administration , but hides it from the store front .
- Sort Order: When the product is sorted in a list, a number assigns it a priority. A product with a sorting order or 2 will be placed higher than a product with a sorting order of 3, but lower than a product with a sorting order of 1.
The Links tab specifies which pages Kartify will show the product on:
- Manufacturer: Selecting the product’s manufacturer will place the product on the manufacturer’s page.
- Categories: Check the categories that the product will be placed into. The product will be listed on the category’s page in the store.
- Filters: Select the filters to be applied to this product if your Filter module is enabled.
- Stores: Check which stores will sell this product. Clicking “Default” applies if there is only one store to be managed.
Related Products: In this space, type any related products for this product. These products will be displayed on that product’s page for the customer to view. When typing in the space, a drop down box will appear with related products.
The Information section displays specific company information in the footer of every page (as seen in the screenshot below). See Information for more information on the footer page.
The Information page can be found under Catalog > Information. On this page the administrator will have the option to edit, delete, or insert a new Information page.
There is a separate document stating how to edit static page from “Information”.