HOW TO ADD A NEW CUSTOMER OR VIEW A LIST OF EXISTING ONES
What is a Customers list?
Customers list is list containing details about every customer who has signed up for the website. This list contains sensitive information about the customer. Below are the steps to view or add a new customer.
Step 1 : Customers > Customers List
From the left hand side navigation bar select Customers. Select Customers List from the drop down.
Step 2 : To add a new customer or edit an existing one.
Click on Add New (‘+’ icon) to add a new customer or click on edit icon (pencil icon) of the existing customers to edit their details.
Step 3 : General Settings for new customer
When you click on Add new you get the following page. Fill the relevant details. Fields marked with * are mandatory. After filling the details in the General tab, click on Add Address to add a new address for the customer.
- Customer Group: select the group to which the customer belongs to
- First name and Last name: name of the customer
- E-Mail: email id of the customer
- Telephone: phone number of the customer
- Fax: Fax number of the customer
- Password: password to login into the account
- Confirm: type the password again to confirm it
- Newsletter: if the customer wants to subscribe to the newsletter. If “Yes” set it to enabled.
- Status: set it to enable to make the account active.
- Approved: if the account is approved or not. Set it to yes if its approved
- Safe: set to true this customer from being caught by the anti-fraud system
In the Add Address tab,
- First name and Last name: name of the recipient
- Company: company of the customer
- Address 1 and Address 2: address of the customer goes here
- City: city the customer lives in
- Postcode: ZIP code of the locality the customer lives in
- Region/State/Country: Select the appropriate options
- Default address: enable if this is the default address of the customer
Step 4 : General Settings for editing existing customer
If you clicked on edit button for an existing customer there are six tabs. General, History, Transactions, Cashback, Reward Points and IP Addresses.
- Information in General is same as the previous step.
- In History you get to see the history of the customer. To add history fill in the comment box and click in Add History button as shown.
- In Transactions you get to see the transaction history of the customer. To add a new transaction fill the description and amount then click on Add Transaction as shown.
- In Cashback you can look at the history of cashbacks. To add a new cashback fill in the description and amount (use minus to remove cashback) and click on Add Cashback as shown.
- In Reward Points you can take a look at the history of reward points the customer has earned. You can add reward points by filling out the description and adding reward points (use minus to remove reward points) and click on Add Reward Points as shown.
- In IP Addresses you can take a look at the IP addresses the customer has previously logged in from.
Step 5 : Save the changes
After making all the necessary changes save them by clicking on the save icon as shown.