HOW TO ADD/EDIT A CUSTOM FIELDS
What is a Custom Field?
Custom Fields are a set of fields that appear to the customer based on the group they belong to. Below are the steps to add/edit a custom field.
Step 1: Customers > Custom Fields
Go to the left hand side navigation bar and select Customers. Then from the drop down select Custom Fields.
Step 2: To add a new custom field or edit an existing one.
To add a new custom field click on the Add New button or choose an existing one from the list and click on edit button.
Step 3: General Settings
Based on your choice in the previous step you will either land on Add Custom Field or Edit Custom Field. The fields in both the pages are same. Fill/Edit the required fields and save the changes by clicking on the save icon as shown.
- Custom Field Name: name of the custom field
- Location: where the custom should be located (Address/Account)
- Type: Select the type of Custom Field from the list of available options
- Customer Group: Select the customer group to which this custom field will be visible to
- Required: select the group to which the customer should belong to see this custom field
- Status: set the status of the custom field
- Sort Order: sort order of the custom field. Lowest number get the first priority
To add a custom field click on Add Custom Field as shown. Fill the Custom Field value name and sort order. To delete a custom field click on Remove as shown.
You have now successfully added/edited a custom field.