HOW TO ADD/EDIT A CUSTOM FIELDS
What is a Custom Field?
Custom Fields are a set of fields that appear to the customer based on the group they belong to. Below are the steps to add/edit a custom field.
Step 1: Go to the left hand side navigation bar and select Customers. Then from the drop down select Custom Fields.
Step 2: To add a new custom field click on the Add New button or choose an existing one from the list and click on edit button.
Step 3: Based on your choice in the previous step you will either land on Add Custom Field or Edit Custom Field. The fields in both the pages are same. Fill/Edit the required fields and save the changes by clicking on the save icon as shown.
- Custom Field Name: name of the custom field
- Location: where the custom should be located (Address/Account)
- Type: Select the type of Custom Field from the list of available options
- Customer Group: Select the customer group to which this custom field will be visible to
- Required: select the group to which the customer should belong to see this custom field
- Status: set the status of the custom field
- Sort Order: sort order of the custom field. Lowest number get the first priority
To add a custom field click on Add Custom Field as shown. Fill the Custom Field value name and sort order. To delete a custom field click on Remove as shown.
You have now successfully added/edited a custom field.