How to Edit/Create the content of Static pages
What is a Static Page?
This is the page that appears when we click on the links in the footer. The content is static (in contrast to the dynamic pages). These pages are used to let the user know more about the company, its policy etc. Below are the steps to add/modify the content of a static page.
Step 1: From the left hand side navigation bar select Storefront Design and select Static pages from the drop down.
Step 2: From the Information List select the page for which you want to make changes to and click on the edit button (pencil icon) as shown. If you want to add a new static page click on the plus sign as shown by the red arrow.
Step 3: There are three tabs in editing panel when you open it. General, data and design.
- Information Title: title of the static page
- Description: description of the static page
- Content: content of the static page
- Meta Tag Title: this title helps search engine know what the page is about.
- Meta Tag description: this is the snippet used to summarize the static page content. Search engines sometimes use these snippets in search results to let visitors know what a page is about before they click on it.
- Meta Tag Keywords: these are the keywords used to summarize the static page’s content
- Stores: select the store for which this page belongs to.
- SEO URL: the url for the static page. This should be globally unique.
- Bottom: tick if you want to display this in the bottom
- Status: set the status of the page here.
- Sort Order: set the sort order here. Lowest number gets the maximum priority.
We leave the design tab untouched most of the times.
Step 4: After making the necessary changes, save the changes by clicking on the save button as shown.
Step 5: If you have added a new Static page, then go to the Advance footer grid to add it to the footer.
Step 6: Go to the desired column and add the link to the HTML code box and save it by clicking on the save button below.